Today, January 11th, 2014, Mercury made its first transition of the year! It went from structured, conservative Capricorn, to eccentric and inventive Aquarius! Mercury loves to be in air signs, and so you might be feeling a slight weight lifted off your shoulders when it comes to constantly critiquing yourself and where you’re going in life. Aquarius IS interested in the future, however; it’s a lighter, more optimistic outlook. Take advantage of this time to intellectualize emotions, ask yourself questions, and write things down. You will probably notice more and more synchronicity as Mercury travels through Aquarius. This is the sign of quick changes, rapid growth, and sparks of genius. It is the connection between us and everyone around us. Capricorn was a little too stifled to bring about too much synchronicity (though Venus retrograde helped). But it was a good sign to get our New Year’s resolutions decided upon and up and running. It’s important to not let the Aquarius Mercury ignore the new guidelines you set for yourself when Capricorn was all lined up. You will probably have a million more ideas in your head of how to better yourself and the world around you but stick with those original ideas and follow them through. But still keep the Aquarius ideas in a notebook and feel free, of course, to make some more goals for yourself. The Mercury retrograde is coming in February so get all your planning, intellectualizing, and projects into motion now!
Some fun things to do while Mercury is in Aquarius:
- Learn about something you didn’t quite understand or have time for before. Now’s a great time for understanding previously complicated subjects.
- Read anything non-fiction. It will stick with you and most likely inspire you.
- Connect with others- share your opinions and ideas. It’s a great time to bounce ideas off of others and others will have great input as well.
- Volunteer, especially something to do with teaching. Expanding your energy to help others will evoke new found meaning.
- Write! Even if you aren’t a great writer or don’t enjoy it too much, this is a good time to let the words flow and possibly spark some genius.
- Share your writing, share books you love with others, share, share share! Aquarius is all about community. You and those you share with will be especially pleased at this time and it can add to new insights.
Also be sure to check your natal chart with today’s chart and check any interesting transits you may have. Any of you with Gemini, Aquarius, or Libra in your chart will be heavily affected. As well as those that have planets in their 11th house, 3rd, or 5th house (Mercury is currently in the 5th house).